Friday, September 7, 2007

First Day of School


The day finally came and Annie was completely ready. She looked so grown up walking down the hall of her new little school with a booksack on her back and a smile on her face. She ran right into her classroom. There were other children crying and I thought that might set her off, but not Annie. Benjamin, however thought I was leaving him too. So of course he started to cry. I tried to help her get situated but she kept telling me "bye bye, mom." So I just waved and left. She had such a great time, she can't wait to go back on Tuesday. I am so glad we decided to put her in this year.



This is Annie's T-shirt for gym and music class, and her pillowcase that they sit on in circle time. I have been wanting to use this cherry fabric FOREVER and I am so glad it turned out so cute!

6 comments:

Lexi said...

That pillowcase is awesome! I know you made it by hand too- if it were me it would be hot glue gunned patches that would start to peel off after the fifth wash. LOL! Great job.

Melissa said...

How fun! That pillowcase is really cute.

Robin D said...

So Annie wasn't crying but were you? Great job on the shirts and pillowcase, super cute!

Maxwells said...

No, I thought that I was going to, but surprisingly didn't. I was actually pretty excited for her. It was sad to see that she's growing up so much but no tears. It takes alot to get me to cry.

Carrie said...

How cute!! Toni, I envy your domestic skills!

Becky T said...

Gosh, you are such a domestic diva. I need some lessons from you! Annie is so cute all ready for school. How fun for her!