Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Soccer Practice

We signed Annie up for swimming and soccer this summer. I didn't think she was ready for the swimming class all by herself so I signed her up for a parent and child class that gradually gets them used to leaving the parent.

I was very smart to do this because she cried for the first 10 minutes or so, and the rest of the class I had to be really careful to make sure she knew I wasn't going to let her fall. By the end of the class it was a different girl, she actually looked like she was having fun and has asked to go back.

Soccer looked like it was going to be different. We got there and there were about 40 little 3 and 4 year olds. They were just kicking the ball around and she jumped right in.

Then as they got the kids to dribble up and down the field something snapped and here comes the tears. When they finally separated the groups into smaller groups she was much happier. Hopefully Wednesday goes better.
Can't forget Benjamin. He was not happy that there were a ton of balls, and he couldn't play with them. Next class I think I'll bring one for him to play with on the side. He was happy when I was taking pictures, he just had to take one too.

2 comments:

Hornsby Family said...

Annie looks sooo cute! Josh and I LOVE soccer. (That's how we met)
I especially love to watch the little kids. They look so cute when they run around the field in a big clump. :) Annie is going to have a wonderful time. Before you know it you'll have both of them out on the field.

Robin D said...

I'm so glad you finally posted some new pics! Seeing those soccer pictures makes me very excited to get Kaiden started next year!