Saturday, March 3, 2007

First zoo trip of 2007


Annie loves the zoo. Benjamin has only been once before when he was around 4 months old. I think he probably slept in the stroller the whole time. I didn't put him in a stroller this time beacuse I thought he would enjoy walking. He pulled Mike around all over the place (into water, onto benches, trying to get through the cages).
So I had Annie duty. She had it in her mind that all she wanted to see were the lions and didn't care about anything until we got to them.
It was a beautiful day. For the most part the animals were out and about. The leopard cubs were playing with each other running all over their cage...Benjamin loved to see that. The lions were sleeping, which disappointed Annie.

I think they had a fun time and I really enjoyed being out in the beautiful weather. It's starting to feel like spring, which is great time of the year here in Louisiana. It is not as hot and humid yet, so you can actually enjoy going outside. So this is the first of hopefully many trips to the zoo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Toni-
I had no idea yall were in LA. I am at LSU finishing my masters recital. I just got back from going to a gail williams masterclass. Your kids are so cute!!!!!! Let me know how its going and my new email address is bobbyhorn@gmail.com.

Bobby

Thompson Family said...

I am so glad that you started a blog. I didnt' know that you had one but now even when you are gone I can see cute little Annie! By the way I just read your post on our blog and you need to start taking control of the "we" concept!

Brook said...

HEY!! Why wasn't I informed of your blog???? So glad to see you started one! I love it already. I loved the post "the many faces of Benjamin". I will be checking in frequently!