"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Monday, December 10, 2007
The end of a fun filled weekend
Or, it was supposed to be. I have been stressing over finding something to wear to Mike's Christmas party on Friday night for a while now, and finally found one Friday morning. However, at 11:00 I brought Annie to the doctor because she has had a nasty cough for 3 months. And Thursday night she had a fever (which meant I had to miss the Relief Society Christmas dinner). So the doctor found she had an ear infection and she had a ton of wheezing going on. She has a lot of trouble breathing normally too. They put her on a nebulizer twice and it didn't help at all. We were then sent to the ER, where she was put on a continuous nebulizer treatment for around 8 hours. She was such a good little girl holding the mask up to her face for that long. They decided she had to stay the night, so there went the Christmas party. And the next day (Saturday) we were supposed to go to a Tree Farm with our friends, the Davies and their 2 kids. But Mike went with Benjamin while me and Annie were still at the hospital. They finally let us go home around 9:30 Saturday night. She only had a slight wheezing on one side. The medicine they have her on is really making her cranky and hiper, it's like she's a whole different little girl. She might have asthma that acts up in the winter time and might have to stay on medicine for the winter, but that doesn't mean that it will last her whole like. Who knows. We saw so many doctors and nurses and respiratory nurses, I hope we never have to go back. At least she is doing better and we are home now. But that is how we spent the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so sorry. I hope that she starts feeling better. Nothing is worst than having a sick child.
What a bummer. I hope she's feeling better and up to her usual self soon!
I can't believe she was so good for you at the hospital. Hopefully she won't have to be on the medicine too long
Awww...poor Annie. What a little trooper! I hope she is doing much better now!
Awww...poor Annie. What a little trooper! I hope she is doing much better now!
Post a Comment