
Annie came home with this little piece of paper very upset. She threw it across the room and said she did not want to do it. She said she did not want to talk loudly. They have to say it on a microphone in front the whole primary. I tried to talk her into it all week, but she was never happy about. Come that Sunday, she did get up there and then didn't want to talk. I got her to finally say it, but it was so quiet I doubt anyone heard it. Afterwards she freaked out! Cried and cried saying I don't want to do it, not today not ever. Poor little thing, I felt so bad. I understand though, who likes to talk in front of a big group.

The next week I hear another story involving Annie and primary. They put up a picture of the new prophet and asked who is this? Out of the whole room of 4 year olds to 11 year olds only one voice said anything, Annie. Clear as day,"Thomas S. Monson." She has always loved Thomas S. Monson. Every General Conferance for about the last 2 or 3 she is always asking when is he going to speak and then listens when he talks. It's really neat, because this will probably be the prophet around the majority of her childhood.
10 comments:
Annie is so dang smart. Little kids can surprise you with what they know.
I didn't realize she was so shy. We taught a little sunbeam for a whole year and I think I only heard her speak 2 or 3 times. That's so sweet about her love for Pres Monson at such a young age. Kids never cease to amaze us!
Annie is so sweet and timid. Jacque can't even whisper!
What a little angel you guys have Toni.
You are lucky that she got up there, my kids would not get up or go hide under something and just cry. She did great. Wish I was there to see her and Benjamin.
You are lucky that she got up there, my kids would not get up or go hide under something and just cry. She did great. Wish I was there to see her and Benjamin.
Oh Annie is so cute. I thought it was funny how just last week Emma had a meltdown when I told her we were going out of town and she wouldn't be able to say the prayer in primary. I'm talking meltdown in front of everyone.
glad to catch up with you guys.
How funny- Bryson can not WAIT for the day he gets to speak in primary... sometimes I wish he were a little more shy! The grass is always greener I guess!
I just love this story. What a bright little girl! President Monson has always been one of my favorites too, so I love that I share this with your little Annie. We like him so much that we named our son Thomas and he goes by Tommy, like our dear prophet does on occasion.
I did not realize that my Ashley and your Annie were the same age! Will Annie be starting Kindergarten this fall? Ashley turns 5 in July and will be one of the younger ones, but is definitely ready!
No, I really think she would do great in kindergarden. Since her birthday is in January she has to wait another year. I think she is going to be so bored. I think she reads at a 1st or 2nd grade level. We are going to have her go to preK 5 half days a week though.
Oops, I was posting some quilts and forgot to sign out of that blog id. That was me on the last comment, if it wasn't obvious.
Post a Comment