"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Annie
Annie has this great love for reading.It is her favorite thing to do, along with coloring. This particular book was for grades 3 and up (ages 8-10). It amazes me how great she reads.
Wow, I am so impressed. My kids love it when I read to them, but haven't shown any interest in learning to read by themselves. I've tried with Carston since he was four. What lessons do you use? I would be interested in trying them.
I use the book How to teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons. they love the lessons, it was always Annie's favorite part of the day, I don't know if that says much about what we do. Benjamin mainly does it for the m&m's he gets afterwards, but that's something. My aunt recommended the book and I love it!
5 comments:
That is great that she loves to read!! Hopefully Benjamin will enjoy reading as well.
Tyler loves reading when it includes anything "choo choo". that's the story of our life.
Benjamin already does too. I actually just started doing reading lessons with him, he's on lesson 5 (there are 100). WE'll see how that goes.
Wow, I am so impressed. My kids love it when I read to them, but haven't shown any interest in learning to read by themselves. I've tried with Carston since he was four. What lessons do you use? I would be interested in trying them.
I use the book How to teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons. they love the lessons, it was always Annie's favorite part of the day, I don't know if that says much about what we do. Benjamin mainly does it for the m&m's he gets afterwards, but that's something.
My aunt recommended the book and I love it!
WOW! That's right. . . she reads! Can I send my kids over to her for bedtime stories? LOL
Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment