"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Italy Day 5
We took the train from Salerno to Napoli. I don't have a lot of pictures of Napoli, probably because I was too afraid to show my camera. We went to the museum where we could see artwork and artifacts that were taken from Pompeii. Then we got an authentic Napoli pizza. I should have taken a picture of this thing. It was the size of a medium pizza and not cut up. You just fold it and fold it again and then eat it. Mike did not grab napkins so it was especially fun to eat. But it had to be the best pizza ever! Then we went over to a street where they sell Nativities. It was so overwhelming there were so many to choose from. I would have loved to get a big one to bring home but that didn't seem very convienant so I just got a small one that would fit in a carry on. After that we took the train back to Salerno and hung out on the lungomarre a little while, with gelato of course. Then drove back to Battipalglia to visit the Mondelli family where we had pizza for dinner. I love pizza so of course this is heaven for me.









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment